Catch Up Time
Well, here I am again. So much has happened since the last time Karl and I posted on here, and it’s amazing how far we have come and what we’ve endured.
Ok, that sounds really cheesy. What I meant to say was, Hi! I have decided to start blogging again to help keep friends and family updated since there are so many of you that we love so dearly but visit so seldom. Also, I find this to be a good outlet for the good times and bad when it comes to my health issues, and there’s something about writing to the world that forces me to have a slightly more optimistic outlook lest I appear winy and cranky to whomever reads this. 🙂 Also, I can get out all my vegan, gluten-free, food industry conspiracy and nerdy nutrition-centered thoughts and ideas without bombarding everyone with them on facebook. 😉
So, before I write my first real post in what seems like forever, lets get you all up to speed. In the past year…
- We have made amazing new friends at Church through our small group.
- Karl has become even more skinny and toned.
- I have lost a ton of weight.
- I have gained a ton of weight.
- I have accidentally eaten gluten, then cleansed to help heal, then accidentally eaten gluten again.
- I have volunteered at the front desk of a Naturopathic Doctor (amazing experience!)
- Karl performed with a band live at The House of Blues in Anaheim and rocked a killer solo.
- We have stopped eating fish, making us official vegans in the dietary sense.
- We have started eating as little packaged food as possible, and started focusing on more raw foods in our diet.
- We have pretty much stopped using our microwave except when traveling.
- I have discovered that in addition to the long lists of things I shouldn’t eat, soy is now a no-no. But I can now have peanuts and cashews!
- We began juicing… soooo good!
- I have begun and already almost finished my journey as a Health Science major at Cal State Fullerton (I graduate in December!).
- Karl has composed and recorded incredible ambient music for several independent films.
- I still don’t know all the different health problems I have, but every time they attack they seem to be less and less severe.
- Karl and I celebrated 5 unbelievable years of marriage by privately renewing our vows to each other on our 5th wedding anniversary overlooking the Bellagio fountains.
And that’s about it! Friends and family: thanks for reading, we love you all, and thanks for putting up with our food and health weirdness. Anyone else who might be reading this: thanks for reading, and we hope our weirdness is a little bit contagious. 🙂